Friday, June 13, 2008

♫HEY, HEY I WANNA BE A BEAD STAR!♫

Can I ask you all a HUGE favor? I mean really, REALLY huge ~ as in 10-minutes-worth-of-your-valuable-time huge? Here's the scoop . . .

I recently entered two pieces of jewelry in a design contest and found out yesterday that both of them made it into the finals. The winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place plus two honorable mentions from the 20 finalists in each of nine categories) will get their designs published in a new magazine coming out in December of this year called Bead Star. And although I'm really excited about having made it this far (180 finalists out of over 1000 eligible entries), I'm not ashamed to admit that ♫HEY, HEY I WANNA BE A BEAD STAR!♫

So, if you happen to have time to support this competition, please go to the BEAD STAR site, now through June 18th, and click on the "Vote Now" box at the top. You will then be asked to provide your email address before the voting process begins and be required to vote for one design in each category. Your votes will only count once you've reached the end and pressed the "Done" button.

Finally, because I really don't know whether or not I'm able to post the photos of my entries during the actual contest, I'm erring on the side of caution and simply telling you that you will find my gold pinecone-esque ring entry in the crystal category (#4) and my blue, triple-braided wire bracelet in the seed bead category (#13). If you like them, please vote for them. If not, please vote for your favorite. Either way, you've got the power to turn a beader into a BEAD STAR!

♫HEY, HEY I WANNA BE A BEAD STAR!♫

THANK YOU!!!

No comments: