Sunday, December 14, 2008

♫Hey, Hey I AM a Bead Star!♫

No longer bound by the terms of a debilitating confidentiality agreement (keeping my lips zipped? NOT my strong suit!), I am finally able to shout from the roof tops that my Triple Braided Bangle bracelet won 3rd place in the seed bead category of the Bead Star 2008 contest (official press release can be viewed here) and that a picture of it, along with instructions on how to make your very own, are in the inaugural issue of Bead Star magazine!






I cannot even begin to put into words what a delightful feeling this is, nor can I fully express the depth of my gratitude to everyone who voted and helped make it happen.

Although it truly was an honor just to have the two pieces I entered selected as finalists (I also had a ring in the crystals category), the unexpected rush of seeing one of my pieces in a magazine has thrown gasoline on the creative spark within and ignited a beading maniac! As a matter of fact, I now even have several items for sale in my Etsy shop to prove it!

So thank you Beading Daily, Interweave Press, Bead Star 2008, Jane's Fiber and Beads, family, friends and anyone else who may have had a hand in getting me here and in reawakening my passion for beading. I am so very, very grateful!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Congratulations! I love that your design looks much more complicated than it actually is. A very wearable piece!