Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You Win Some . . . You Lose Some . . .

First of all, thank you very, VERY much for your support during the Bead Star competition this year and for taking the time to vote! Although I would have loved to see my heart bracelet in the 2010 issue of Bead Star magazine, the we're-sorry-your-piece-did-not-win email I received on Friday officially confirms it was not meant to be. Fortunately -- and I'm not just saying this because I didn't win -- I really do consider it an honor just to have made it to the finals. I hope I can get that far again next year . . .

Until then, I guess I'll just have to win other cool things. Beautiful and superbly handcrafted things. Like this Cathedral Window Pillow Pincushion from WarmnFuzzies.

Isn't it just lovely! I won this for commenting on a Project Quilting event organized by Kim's Crafty Apple. I'm slowly starting to add my beading needles to the cushion as I use them and I'm noticing my need to bead getting stronger as I spy my needles nestled in their glorious new home. Not surprisingly, storing my needles in a dark, recycled pill bottle does not have the same effect.

So thank you Warmnfuzzies for generously offering your beautiful pincushion as a prize and as creative inspiration. And thank you Kim's Crafty Apple for having such an awesome blog and for the creative challenges you offer. I love the Recycle Challenge entries . . . once again I'm having trouble just picking ONE!!!!

1 comment:

Duni said...

Congrats on the win! That's a gorgeous pincushion...more like a work of art :)