Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Student Surpassess the Teacher

I call my 12 year-old daughter a crochet ninja because not long after teaching that kid just two basic stitches, she was whipping up scarves, hats, socks, pillows and stuffed animals likes crazy. More importantly, she was doing so without a pattern.

The student has surpassed the teacher BIG TIME.

So we thought it would be fun to submit these cute little baby chicks in this year's Wisconsin State Fair competition in the Youth Textile division. Although the judge noted several flaws in the craftsmanship of the entry, my baby girl snagged herself a second place ribbon! As delighted as she and I were with her placement, I know her Nana, who was a State Fair crochet ribbon winner many times over, is squealing with joy and bursting with pride from above.

No comments: