Friday, September 03, 2010

Hello September!!!

I know many people are sad to see summer come to an end (just look at all those glum little faces boarding the school buses in the morning), but not me. September marks the beginning of my favorite time of year. Even as a kid I loved the beginning of a new school year, the air turning crisp and cool, and the slow crescendo of color that eventually explodes into nature's very own firework display. There's just something about this time of year that breathes life into me and makes me oh-so-very happy. So much so, as a matter of fact, that I bought myself a little bouquet of flowers the other day to celebrate September's arrival. I can't tell you the last time I joyfully purchased flowers like this. I need to do it more often.

Happy September to all!!!

No comments: