Monday, December 06, 2010

The Stockings Were . . . Beaded, of Course!!!

I love beading paper! Well, technically I love putting beads on pretty much anything, but I find the bead/paper combo my most relaxing and therapeutic form of craft. That's why I decided to go with that for the Creative Color Challenge Ornament Swap.

I found some lovely holiday paper in the requisite green/red/gold colors and proceeded to cut little stocking shapes using a stencil I had.

From cutting the paper, to brushing on the Mod Podge, to sewing on the beads, to brushing on more Mod Podge, the process was complete and utter JOY!

Although this was my first "mixed media" project beyond the beaded cards I've made in the past, I'm rather happy with the result.
I experimented A LOT with adding weight and texture to the paper with the beads and Mod Podge, and tried to find the right balance between structure and sparkle. I still have quite a bit more to learn about the "mixed media" world, but I can confidently add this process to my create-a-holic repertoire!

3 comments:

BonnieRose said...

I got yours today... hoooooray I love love it.... thank you... your beadwork is amazing!! hugs bonnierose

Bead Lola Bead said...

So glad you like it! Love yours too!

Mimi said...

These are really wonderful!