Saturday, January 01, 2011

R-E-C-E-I-V-E ~ Find Out What it Means to Me





Happy New Year everyone! I am SO looking forward to 2011 and am ready to get this party started!

Over the past few weeks I’ve been noticing that some of my favorite bloggers have been casting aside the notion of setting resolutions and instead have been picking one word to be the theme for the upcoming year. I really liked this idea and set out to find my one word. NOT as easy as one would think! I can’t tell you how many words I chose ~ and rather definitively at that ~ that ended up being scrapped almost as quickly as they were selected. Nothing seemed to want to stick. And then I stumbled upon the word RECEIVE and thought I can totally carry that one around with me for the next 365 days.

I think the reason the word RECEIVE stuck with me is because it not only works in welcoming the experiences that will mold who I want to be in the future, but it also works in accepting who and where I am today. This is the first time I've participated in the one-word challenge and for some reason I needed something all encompassing.

So in 2011 the word RECEIVE for me will mean to meet, welcome, invite, accept, gather, embrace, hear, celebrate, learn from, and appreciate all the people, experiences, opportunities and lessons that enter my life. I hope all of these aspects will come together like pieces of a puzzle throughout the year, and will help me to grow with a grateful heart.

Happy 2011 ♥

1 comment:

Kristin Dudish said...

A wonderful word to choose!