Thursday, February 03, 2011

Exactly What My Mom Would Have Done

[link to image]




Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper


In my last post I asked for comments on my blog about your moms. I also promised to gift a pair of earrings I made in honor of my mom. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments! I was so moved by your words that I found myself struggling with the idea of letting some random number-generator-thingy pick just one person to receive the earrings. So then I started thinking about gifting maybe three or even five pairs of earrings instead. But then . . . I couldn't do it -- I just couldn't leave anyone out. And the moment I decided to gift a pair to all ten who commented? Everything felt perfectly and wonderfully right. It's exactly what my mom would have done.♥

So, although it will take me a while to complete, all of you who commented will be receiving a pair of my Radmila earrings. Please email me at beadlolabead@yahoo.com with your mailing address and I will get them to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful words and your beautiful moms with me!

1 comment:

tosagal said...

WHAT!?! Omigosh, that is so wonderful! I don't even know what to say...a true labor of love... Your mom is smiling down on you.