Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beaded Cards




I've always had a love of beads and beaded items, well before I even began to "Bead Lola Bead!" I love the way beaded fringe feels when I run my hand along it, the raised bumps on a beaded cross stitch motif, the supple, fabric-y feel and movement of bead woven items and the glistening beaded accents on a beautifully crocheted accessory. In the past I merely appreciated it when I saw it. Now I'm obsessed with creating it. All I seem to think about these days is "How can I add beads to that?" Especially tiny beads. In patterns.

Enter scrapbook paper. Oh how it has changed my beaded world. I don't know if it's the meditative mandala effect of beading a pattern repeatedly or the wonderful feel of it in my hands, but I just can't seem to stop beading the same blue/green flower. Although I have other scrapbook pages waiting for their own personal embellishment, this one keeps calling me back to it.








Who knew something so simple could be so delightful?

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

LOVE those! Before I got into making jewelry, I made greeting cards for a living -- these are awesome!

Bead Lola Bead said...

Thanks Lori! I bet your cards were as beautiful as your jewelry!