Monday, August 22, 2011

It’s a Bead Soup Blog Party, Baby!

I am SO excited to be participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party hosted by Lori Anderson of Pretty Things! I didn’t really know what to expect as this is my first time participating, but with over 300 people playing along, I can’t believe Lori (with a little help from her friends) paired me with the perfect partner. Not only is Therese Frank, of Therese's Treasures, a BSBP newbie like me, but she’s also drawn to a wide variety of crafts and creative challenges. The fact that she’s a genuinely lovely person is simply a delightful, sparkly accent! =D

Here are the beautiful beads and components Therese sent to me:


The Bead Soup I’ll be working with consists of a carved, cherry quartz focal and accent rounds, hematite toggle clasp and spacers, green glass bi-cones, rose quartz rounds and peridot rounds. I already have some ideas swirling around in my head, but with less than a month before the Blog Hop (where everyone’s designs are revealed) I better get those ideas out of my head and onto my work table.

In the meantime, check out this post on Therese's blog about her very successful polymer clay experiments, and for a picture of the bead soup I sent her. Her work is quite lovely and I can't wait to see the recipe she comes up with!  =D

4 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh Lola, I am humbled by your kind words. You are everything you said about me and more. It is amazing that we are reading the same book at the same time, by the way it is so good I can hardly put it down, but I did manage to get some beading done yesterday. My muse she is back from here travels!:-)
Therese

Bead Lola Bead said...

I just call 'em as I see 'em Therese! =D I need to get cracking on our book though so we can have a little BSBP book club discussion. Also, the reviews for the movie are fantastic! Can't wait to see that as well.

Glad your muse has returned! Keep beading and reading! =D

Pretty Things said...

I love them!

Lesley said...

That's a gorgeous bead soup mix - so fresh and pretty...maybe a Gazpatcho of the bead world! You have a great partner in Therese - lovely lady that she is. BSBP book club...now there's an idea!