Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mostly Metal Blog Hop

It's here! The Mostly Metal Design Challenge big reveal! Woo Hoo!

Okay, remember what I started with:


Of these items I used the red cord, the two heart halves, and the two coil beads to create a bracelet.  I added more metal to the design in the form of spacers, beads and steel wire from the hardware store, with some contrasting shine in the form Czech glass hearts and rondelle beads. 


My favorite aspect of this bracelet is the jingly pendant the two heart halves create. The movement and sound make me very happy.




I also like the random knots with the red cord.  The center core of the cord is black, so even as it naturally frays it will continue to add character to the piece.


I loved this bracelet so much as I was working on it that it conveniently ended up being sized to fit my wrist perfectly.  How about that!  

But enough about me!  Whaddaya say we head on over to the blogs of the other participants?
This is going to be so much fun!  Happy Hopping! =D

Antique Brass Romantic
Filigree Fun
Gunmetal Love

19 comments:

steufel said...

LOVE that bracelet!

Pam Chesbro said...

Clever using the two halves of the heart...almost like a locket. Great piece. Love it!

Shirley said...

I like the same things you do! Great design!

Jeanniek said...

WoWsa! Beautifully done! I too love the sound of swishing metal. The gunmetal and the red are perfect together.

Michelle Mach said...

Love the colors of this bracelet!

What a fun idea to place the halves of the heart together. It's fun to make jewelry that makes a little noise, isn't it? I know I used to drive some people crazy when I went to meetings with my "noisy" jewelry, but it made life a more fun to have a little soundtrack. :)

Therese's Treasures said...

This is one beautiful bracelet Lola, I love the contrast of the red and the gun metal wire and findings. I would not have thought of puting the two halfs of the heart together great idea.
Therese

Lutka And Co. said...

Lola, Oh I lov the bracelet! The way you tied the cord around is really nice! I like dangly bracelets too :-)

Jean said...

I love the richness of your piece--it is downright sultry! Such saturated color! Great work!

jean

Cyndi L said...

Lola, there is nothing that I like better than charm bracelets and necklaces...except maybe for chocolate...but anyway! I love that you mixed hardware store finds with the kit. If you get tired of your gorgeous bracelet, I would be happy to give it a home and treat it right ;-)

salla said...

I love this piece! And I love even more that it is musical! Awesome.

Shyme said...

What att wonderful bracelet!

uptwnsh said...

This is spectacular! What a great study in contrast and texture! Love it!

pinkchapeau said...

The colors and mix of textures is perfect. So glad that it fit you!!!

ruth said...

So cool, I bet that bracelet would fit me too. I could so see that with a sharp white blouse and the cuffs folded back. Fab U lous.

Andrew Thornton said...

Lookin' good! Love the mix of reds and black. Really chic! I also like that the two hearts form a secret little "pocket" You can write messages inside and only those who you chose to share it with can see it! Very cool!

bwheather said...

Great colours, stunning effect. ;-)

Steph L. said...

Beautiful bracelet, love the red and black!

Eileen Bergen said...

Yup, that's definitely a keeper. I love how you used red for the heart theme and also what you did with the cord. Beautiful bracelet!

ozlynda said...

Love your bracelet. I think it is my favourite piece after looking at nearly all on the blog hop!

Well done on a brilliant design!