Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Very Vintage Fall Challenge Blog Hop

I haven't even finished hopping on over to all of the Bead Soup Blog Party blogs, and here I am again, smack dab in the middle of yet another hop! What can I say . . . I'm a hop-a-holic addicted to the thrill of design challenges and being pushed out of my comfort zone.  And now, thanks to Michelle Mach and her Fall Challenge, I'm also officially addicted to vintage beads and Vintaj products.


These beautiful components are light, airy, fragile and very much unlike the larger stones and glass beads I ordinarily use.  I couldn't immediately envision a bracelet or necklace design, but I could definitely see some earrings.


Simple, yes, but I LOVE these yellow earrings!  I also love how the Vintaj component makes the yellow leaf appear more golden.


These mulberry leaf earrings make me happy.  I love the pop of color the small, but powerful Lucite orange beads add to the piece.


Now that the earrings were done, it was time to figure out what to do with the Vintaj branch I received -- the one component I did NOT want to use.  Not because it wasn't lovely, but because I had NO CLUE what to do with it!  There weren't any holes in it!  No obvious answer as to which direction to take!  And although it did seem to take FOREVER to get there, I did come up with a necklace design with removable charms:





I prefer rings, earrings and bracelets when it comes to jewelry, but this is a necklace I will actually wear this season. I love the Fall colors (my favorite time of year, by the way), the versatility of the charms and how the longer length of chain adds the much-loved element of movement to the piece. 

You know what else I love?  That 28 other bloggers have taken on the same challenge and have also posted their creations on their blogs!  Hop right this way! =D

Andrew ~ The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Cat ~ Boo Beads
Chris ~ beadjewelry.net
Cilla ~ Tell Your Girlfriends
Cyndi ~ Beading Arts
Cynthia ~ Cynth's Blog
Dawn ~ Morning Glory Beading
Donetta ~ Simply Gorgeous
Heather ~ As I Bead It
Holly ~ SilverRose Designs
Kate ~ We Can Make That at Home
Kristina ~ Wild Roses and Blackberries
Lauren ~ Laurel Moon Jewelry & Beads
Linda ~ Lutka & Co
Lisa ~ Lucid Mood Studio
Lola [YOU ARE HERE] ~ Bead Lola Bead
Mary ~ MLH Jewelry
Melinda ~ Melinda Orr Metal & Clay Jewelry Designs
Michelle H. ~ Firefly Visions
Michelle M. [OUR AWESOME HOSTESS] ~ Beads & Books
Salla ~ Blog by Salla
Shannon ~ Falling into the Sky
Shay ~ Shaiha's Ramblings
Shel ~ MiShel Designs
Shirley ~ Beads and Bread
Stephanie ~ Pixybug Designs
Tari ~ Pearl and Pebbles
Terry ~ Pink Chapeau Vintage Jewelry
Tracy ~ The Bead Junkie

21 comments:

bwheather said...

Oh yum. Just love these. Gorgeous. ;-)

Cillaw said...

I love the red leaf earrings and how the charms have little lobster claps.
Great work~!

Shirley said...

Glad to know I wasn't the only one stumped on that branch! I wish I had thought of removables!, that is a great idea! Really love those little yellow earrings. Great job!

Christine Altmiller said...

great idea to make the branch as minimalist or fringe-filled as you want!!! i love the necklace and the possibilities it has for the wearer. fantastic earrings too :-)

Therese's Treasures said...

Great job Lola, I love the earrings with the yellow leaf and your necklace idea is genius.
Therese

TesoriTrovati said...

I love the way those leaves catch the light.
Enjoy the day! Erin

pinkchapeau said...

The earrings are lovely. The filigree is perfect behind those transluscent leaves. And the idea of removable charms for the branch is clever, and it looks great!! Very nice work!!

Shel said...

What a cool idea on the necklace - I would wear it with all the components!

Your earrings are fabulous - love the way they all look so beautiful and vintage!

salla said...

making the charms on the necklace removable was BRILLIANT!

Pearl and Pebble said...

And you SHOULD wear it too! It's wonderful! What a great idea to have removeable charms-there could be no end to what you can wear this necklace with!!!

Cyndi L said...

Removeable charms!! What a wonderful idea :-)

Lutka And Co. said...

What a neat concept - necklace charm! And it's really pretty too!

Chris said...

Awesome design work with the branch stamping! And lovely overall. :)

maneki said...

Lovely jewellery! Those filigree earrings are great. And I really like that you made those charms/dangles detachable so the wearer can change it. I'm very fond of versatility in jewellery.

Cynthia said...

You're clever to put the charms on clasps, so you can add, subtract and change them as you please. Clever!

Firefly Visions said...

I love the earrings. I really really love the necklace with the interchangeable pendants.

laurelmoon said...

Very cool use of the components! Great job!!

Mary said...

What fun earrings, and clever use of the charms, so you customize the necklace

Holly said...

Those earrings are just so lovely, but that necklace with the super cool removable charms is a wonderfully worked idea.

Tracy said...

The removable charm idea is brilliant, and a great use of the branch....lovely!

oooLiekeooo said...

NIce pieces!!