Friday, October 28, 2011

When the Internet and Real Life Meet

In the beading/jewelry/design world, the Internet and reality most often meet in some bead-related setting such as a bead show or bead class.  For my Bead Soup Blog Party partner Therese and I, it was at the Eclectica bead store in Brookfield, Wisconsin that our fast and easy online friendship turned into a couple of hours of bead shopping, lunch and fun-filled conversation.

And for me, it also involved some beautiful surprises.  Check these out . . .

Therese made this pendant by transferring a favorite image of hers onto polymer clay using t-shirt transfer paper.
You can check out her process here.

This beautiful bracelet and the earrings below, are made with lamp work beads Therese purchased from Julsbeads.  The purple crystals really bring out the purple on the lamp work beads. 


And the fact that Therese remembered that purple was my favorite color?  Well, that has to do with the fact that she's a very thoughtful and generous person.  Whether you know her from online conversation or from those had in person, her kindhearted spirit always shines through. 

I am very grateful for the opportunity to have met Therese in person, and even more grateful that she took the time to make the three-hour round trip my way during her visit to Wisconsin.  Not only do I have lovely memories from our short, but delightful visit, but I also have some beautiful treasures  ~ Therese's Treasures as a matter of fact ~ from a very beautiful friend.

2 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Thank you so much Lola for your thoughtful words. I really had a great time shopping and conversing with you the other day. You are a wonderful and very funny person. The only regret I have is that, we did not get our picture taken before you left. Oh well there is Bead and Button hopefully!
Therese

Marian Hertzog said...

What a nice post! It is so cool that you got to meet your BSBP partner!