Friday, January 27, 2012

fill in the blank friday.

It's been so long since I posted here that I started blogging in my dreams last night!  Unfortunately the topics in my dreams were the crazy I-can't-believe-people-are-wearing-purple-turkeys-as-hats kind, so it's not like I was able to actually accomplished anything.  Lucky for me it's


Sometimes it's just nice to have some prompts to get the ball rolling . . .

     *****

1. My favorite place I've ever traveled to is . . . I can't say that I have a favorite since most of my traveling involves visiting family and friends. For me it's less about location, location, location, and more about fun, friendship, and love.

2. Australia . . . is somewhere I'd love to go someday.

3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by . . . reading, listening to music and napping.

4. My three must-haves when I travel are . . . my Kindle, my phone and my Pashmina.

5. My favorite travel companion is . . . me. For the past few years my travels have doubled as getaways. Although I love my family, it's nice to take a few days every now and then and only think of and for myself.

6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is . . . when I was young and traveling to Europe with my mom and sister, our plane hit severe turbulence that caused a bit of pandemonium among the passengers. While many were audibly panicking and desperately searching for that complimentary little white bag, I was enjoying what I thought was the best roller coaster ride EVER! By the time our pilot maneuvered the plane out of the turbulence and the passengers calmed down, I was informed by the flight attendant that I was only one on that 747 that actually ended up using that little white bag.  I got my first airline wings that day. =D

7. The most exotic food I've ever tried while traveling is . . . Rocky Mountain Oysters. Unsuspectingly I might add.

8. If I could live anywhere else, I'd live in . . . Hawaii. It's just so beautiful and colorful there.

9. I have been to . . . sixteen states in the U.S.

     *****
I hope to be back on track with my blogging and my creating next week. I've been in a bit of a funk lately and I'm working hard to shake it off. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Christine Altmiller said...

Oh Lola...Rocky Mountain Oysters...who did that to you?!?

Therese's Treasures said...

Wow Lola, that was a great way to earn your wings! Rocky Mountain Oysters I learned a long time ago what those were, but I have never eaten them though. I want to play so here are my answers:
1 Alaska, 2 Yep want to go there! 3 Listening to music or a audio book.
4 Water, iPod, phone. 5 Me, 6 Getting lost and enjoying every minute of it!
7 Snails, 8 Alaska, 9 44 States and 4 Countries.
That was fun!
Therese