Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Heart Macro 1/29/12

Today is my mom's birthday . . . she would have been 73. Although I miss her very much, I still feel connected to her in so many ways. One of those ways is with daisies. Daisies were her flower . . . you'd see a daisy, you'd think of my mom. Always.


We've been in our current home for sixteen years now and I never once planted daisies. Neither had my neighbor who lived here for 20 plus years before us. A year after my mom passed away, daisies just seemed to pop out of nowhere in our adjoining garden.


Not just one or two daisies, but more like fifty of them!


They even came back the next year. The year after that, however, not one single daisy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling disappointed . . . until one day when my sister called to say, "Guess who has daisies in her garden?" Right next to the house in a spot where flowers never grew before.

I can't wait to see where those daisies will pop up this year . . .

(PS--These shots were taken the summer of 2010--my yard is currently WHITE!)

1 comment:

Therese's Treasures said...

Lola,
That is a touching story. Your Mom is just letting you all know that she is still around looking out for you.
Therese