Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Card Embellishment Challenge

Michelle Mach offered some embossed cards she created to several blog readers for the purpose of embellishing them. I was lucky enough to snag the very last card she was giving away . . . an alphabet card.


I love this card and all of the possibilities!  You can highlight one or two letters and use it as personal stationery.  You can highlight several letters to create words for a personalized message.  I even noticed letters like CHI, FL and DC for frequent fliers!

In the close up below, you could highlight the letters PST to get someone's attention. 


Or perhaps QT to really get someone's attention.  It is Valentine's Day after all . . . ;D


Honestly, I had a very tough time making a final decision on this, so I decided to make a simple, all-occasion card.  Some markers, some beads, some scrapbook paper and voila!


Not my best work, but I really had a great time brainstorming the possibilities.  Thanks, Michelle, for offering up an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone . . . even though I still ended up using beads!  You can take the girl out of the medium, but you can't take the medium out of the girl!

To see how others embellished their cards, please visit Michelle's blog.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope your day is filled with lots of love!

3 comments:

indigo heart said...

hi, lola
i just wanted to say thank you for the kind words you left on my blog. they were received with a soft heart and really meant a lot to me. thank you so much! also, i really like your card. cute.

Michelle Mach said...

I love that you used beads on your card! Next I expect you to use some paper in your jewelry! I'm also impressed with all your ideas for finding words in that jumble of letters. I don't know why I never thought of that before. Thanks for joining the challenge!

Therese's Treasures said...

Lola,
Well Girl you knock this one way out of the park! I love how your brain works. So Hi back at U! Oh can you tell I love the card LOL!
Therese