Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Challenge of Music Blog Hop

Oh my goodness! So much blog hopping lately! I wonder if the Easter Bunny hops this much!?!?!?! =)

Today's Blog Hop is brought to you by the lovely Erin of Tesori Trovati Jewelry who challenged us to find design inspiration within a song.

Step 1 -- Find a song.



Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear
Take the wheel and steer

It's driven me before and seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes yea
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there I'll be there

So, if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Aah ah ooo

It's driven me before and it seems to be the way
That everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that when
I drive myself my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes yea
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes yea
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there I'll be there

Step 2 -- Create an accessory.



So what does the lovely new ring I made for myself have to do with my song choice?  It's a special talisman for me to wear each day to remind me that big and bold is beautiful ... That, yes, you CAN wear a big, orange ring every day if that is what makes you happy ... That the most precious people and experiences in my life began with fear, but grew into overwhelming joy because I took a chance ... That standing out in a crowd, even if it's not always in a good way, is more fun than being invisible ... That "when I drive myself my light is found."

"Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there with open arms and open eyes yea
Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there I'll be there"

Yes, I'll be there.  And I'll be wearing a bright orange ring.  Joy.  It's big and it's bold ... and it's there for me every single day.  All I have to do is "Hold the wheel and drive."

***
Now I'm off to get myself a nice big cup of coffee and start reading about the songs and creations of my fellow blog hoppers. I hope you will join me!
Erin Prais-Hintz
Marcie Abney
Christine Altmiller
Elisabeth Auld
LJ B
Lori Bowring Michaud
Shannon Chomanczuk
Cece Cormier
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Malin de Koning
Beth Emery
Michelle Escano-Caballero
Erin Fickert-Rowland
Therese Frank
Amy Freeland
Tanya Goodwin
Stephani Gorman
Amy Grass
Beth Hemmila
Kristina Johansson
Jennifer Justman
Tari Kahrs
Susan Kennedy
Ema Kilroy
Kathleen Lange Klik
Kirsi Luostarinen
Paige Maxim
Beth McCord
Natalie McKenna
Alice Peterson
Cat Pruitt
Bobbie Rafferty
Johanna Rhodes
Cynthia Riggs
Sally Russick
Sarah Sequins
Amy Severino
Staci Smith
Kristen Stevens
Lola Surwillo
Stefanie Teufel
Sandi Volpe
Holly Westfall
Shaiha Williams

29 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Love that stunning ring!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

What a fun and beautiful ring! I am all for bold jewelry. Love the beaded aspect too. I haven't quite grasped any bead weaving techniques yet and am impressed with yours!

Lori Anderson said...

I love that you made a ring!

Kristen said...

LOLA! YOU are my hero! Yes Yes Yes you can wear orange everyday! It is my favorite happy color!!!! MWAH!

Holly said...

Okay, so I don't think I've heard that song before, but I now love it. And that ring is spectacular and perfect. Orange is certainly a power color, and wonderful to remind you to drive...

Amy said...

I LOVE your big orange ring, and I love your the way you interpreted this song. Perfecto!

Christine Altmiller said...

LOVE THIS RING!!! His voice sounds a bit restrained (but really nice!) but there is nothing restrained about your piece. Fantastic! Live out Loud :-)

Alice said...

First, thank you for sharing such a strong message--something this rather introverted person should remember.

Second, I love the song and the ring you made to represent the song. I love the color orange because it is bright and cheery.

Maneki said...

Lovely ring! I really like the warm, happy colours. And the beadweaving is very nice. Fab job!

beth hemmila of hint jewelry said...

I just love this ring and the choice of orange! It's a color I long to wear but can only do it in small bits and pieces. Fun share :) xoxo Beth

Sally Russick said...

Big, Bold and waiting there with pure joy, that ring is GORGEOUS! The color in fabulous! Beautiful work, Lola!! Love it!

Halinka said...

Hello,Lola:-)
It's nice to see,how the music challenge have inspired You:-)
The ring is fabulous.I love its unique color.
Warm Greets from Sweden-Halinka-

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Lola!!!!! I have waited all day to get to yours and see what you did!!!!!!!!!! I love it! It's perfect! It's wonderful! It is so so inspiring! I love ya lady, you rock!

The Cabby Crafter said...

Totall love the orange.

Therese's Treasures said...

Lola, Great song and it is so fitting for you and your new out look on life. Big bold and orange YES! I can see you out in the world flashing your beautiful orange ring and saying bring it on world I'm here and I'm ready!
Big hug,
Therese

steufel said...

Stunning piece! I looove rings:-)

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wow - what a gorgeous statement ring and I love the reasons you wrote to wear it! I love those reasons!!!

stacilouise said...

love Incubus! Great piece too!!!

Jenny said...

Wow! That ring wil be a talisman to remind you! I too love the song and hold it as a sort of personal anthem. Nicely done!

TesoriTrovati said...

Love the song! And yes! You can wear a big orange ring to show your boldness to the world! My daughter loves anything orange. It has become her signature color. I will have to show her this ring. I can guarantee that she will say she wants it! ;-)
Thank you so much for playing with me in my musical playground! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Saturday Sequins said...

Lola, this is a beautiful ring with a beautiful sentiment, to match! A great reminder to never be afraid to be exceptional. :)

Pixiloo said...

Open arms and a beautiful orange ring. If only we could all be so lucky. I love the ring .. just fabulous.

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

stunning ring, what is the center bead? Yes, so much hopping I am getting dizzy. I love that song :-)

Pearl and Pebble said...

Awesome ring! Enjoy wearing that!!! What a terrific color-I am drooling. Great song and isn't he a cutie pie?!?!?!

Bobbie said...

What a great message, and what a totally wonderful interpretation! Enjoy the power you give yourself every time you wear your ring!

Bobbie said...

What a great message, and what a totally wonderful interpretation! Enjoy the power you give yourself every time you wear your ring!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Lola, thank you for finding me and my blog ... and wow that is a seriously cool post! I've never heard that song, but will now look for it and listen often. I "liked" your ring yesterday, and like it even more today now that I hear the story behind its meaning. Thank you for such inspiration in starting my day today!

Copper Diem said...

That ring is gorgeous - I want it!! LOL

Heather said...

Bold is beautiful! Orange is a bold color, bright and sweet. I love your song and your ring. Thanks for following my blog too. Hope to get back in the swing sometime soon. I have needed a break to get things done. Heather