Thursday, February 02, 2012

February 2012 Bead Trends

Although I love every issue of Bead Trends magazine, I am ka-razy about this month's issue!


First of all, check out that seed beaded masterpiece on the cover. So pretty! Now, see the headline in the lower left-hand corner? THAT has made my heart go all a-flutter . . . and in the month of the valentine no less!   How fun would it be to get a group of designers together to create necklace segments that would be passed on round-robin style to ultimately come together into one unique necklace for each person?  I'm thinking it would be mind-blowing, creative fun!

If you have the February 2012 issue, you already know what I'm talking about. If you don't, check out this little sneak peak video where editor Tatia Meyer shares several designs and talks about a round robin necklace submitted by Shannon Schmid.

I reeeeeeeeeeallly want to do this! Is anyone else interested in trying something like this? I'd be more than happy to coordinate a round robin if there's enough interest. Please let me know your thoughts either on this post or through email.

Oh, yes . . . you can also find my Heart of Steel bracelet in this issue. You may recognize it as the one I designed for the Mostly Metal Design Challenge and Blog Hop hosted by Michelle Mach.


I really like this bracelet . . . and I'm so grateful Bead Trends chose to include it in this issue.

3 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Lola, I'm game, sounds like fun!
Therese

Huskinsyxcm said...

Some people may well not want to put up with a noisy product so they like the calmer designs. Dyson have continued to show innovation when it comes to vacuum cleaner design. Once you are there, you can take a look at all the products that are being offered.

Joshua said...

Some people may well not want to put up with a noisy product so they like the calmer designs. Dyson have continued to show innovation when it comes to vacuum cleaner design. Once you are there, you can take a look at all the products that are being offered.