Sunday, February 05, 2012

I Heart Macro

Even though it's been a mild winter, there appears to be a serious shortage of afghans at the Bead Lola Bead homestead.  Although we have blankets with which to snuggle up to while watching TV, there's only one afghan.  One AWESOME afghan as a matter of fact, even though she'd be considered "vintage" by today's standards (she was created for me by my grandmother many, many years ago).  She's held up well though -- better than me in some aspects -- and she's the one everyone wants to snuggle up to.

This orange and cream chevron afghan is a warm and heavy one.  It's also both long and wide.  Seriously, this thing is perfect.  As much as I would love to replicate it, it would take me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to finish it . . . especially in single crochet with an F hook.  Yikes!

So instead, I'm doing something a little more . . . airy (i.e. easy and fast =) . . . with these colors . . .


. . . and with this rectangle granny square pattern. (Scroll past the instructions to see photos of several finished afghans.)

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Looks great and happy crocheting! Knitting and crocheting are the types of projects that I start but but seem to not finish.

Therese's Treasures said...

Lola,
Grandma's afgans are always the best! Looking forward to seeing your afgan.
Therese