Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beaded Scarf and a "simple truth"

This was supposed to be my first official Bead Table Wednesday (BTW) post, but I had so many little things I needed to accomplish yesterday that blogging never made it's way to the top of the list. So, just for today, I'm going to pretend it's Bead Table Thursday and post away!


I am currently working on this bead crochet scarf for a customer. This is one of my favorite bead crochet pieces because I love the way the final, beaded fabric feels. The weight of the beads more than make up for the narrowness of the scarf, and together they create a shimmery, smooth wrap.

While I'm working on the meditative pattern of the scarf, I'm also admiring and designing in my head with a special "simple truth" pendant I won from Erin in connection with her Challenge of Music.

"You are the music while the music lasts" ~ T.S. Eliot


I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this pendant! I know for sure that I will be making a bracelet to showcase it, but the details are still brewing/rolling around in my head.  I can't wait to start working on it!

2 comments:

Halinka said...

So...Bead,Lola,Bead... :-)
The scarf's going to be beautiful,as the beginning seems to be fine.
The pendant is so special,that You'll have to think up some kind of unique design to find the matching place for it in the company of other beads.
I bet,You'll manage to make those things and other things too:-)I've seen Your Blog-I believe in YOu:-)
Warm Hugs-Halinka-

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola, The scarf is going to be beautiful with the shimmering beads.
Congratulations on your win, looking forward to seeing what you make with your charm.
Therese