Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Polymer Clay Bliss

I've been playing with polymer clay and making beads.




LOTS of beads.

These pics do not include the ones I cooked too long.  There's lots of those too!

These are some earrings I made for one of my daughter's friends, combining the blue/gold colors of the high school she will be attending next year. 



I really like these.  There's just something about the party-like glitter of the beads combined with the more serious gold components.

I know I have a looooooooong way to go as far as polymer clay is concerned, but boy, am I having a GREAT time!

Next stop?  Bead embroidery! =)

8 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Oooo Lola these beads are so pretty I am going to have to get me some!
Therese

The Jewelry Larder by Maybeline Tay said...

I am glad to stumble upon a fellow polymer clay artist. Lovely beads with mesmerizing colours!

Kristen said...

I love them!!!!!!!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love those beads!!!

Michelle said...

They turned out very nice - love the colors!

Michelle Mach said...

Very pretty! Love the filigree!

Patti Van said...

These are so beautiful! Love the filigree, too!

Cassi Renee said...

Your beads are beautiful! Love the colors.

How do you get the filigree on the beads? I've also begun to play with polymer clay, and I've never seen that effect.