Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Party -- 2nd Reveal


Welcome to the 2nd Reveal of the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party hosted by the delightful Lori Anderson!  I am so grateful to have been a part of such an amazing event like this, and I had a great time working with the soup I received from my lovely partner Kym Hunter.  Actually, I think I may have had too great of a time because I think I am now officially addicted to waxed linen.  I'm talking dancing on my beading table with a lamp shade on my head kind of addicted.  Yes, it was that kind of a party.

Now when you look at my pieces and see how simple the designs are you may think, "Really? That kind of a party?"  Yes, really.  Although I absolutely love the pieces I made and love wearing them, there was a whole lotta joy in the making of them too.  It's that waxed linen I tell ya!  I love the way it looks, I love the way it feels, I love the way it moves, I love ... well, you get the picture.  If you've never tried working with it, I highly recommend it.  If you already love it as much as I do, I'd be very interested in your dealer's, er I mean supplier's name.

Think I'm over exaggerating about the waxed linen?  Behold ...

Here is the soup Kym sent me:


And here are the pieces I made:


I love this necklace! Normally people buy a necklace to complement an outfit, but I will be buying an outfit to complement this necklace!  From Kym's bead soup I used the beautiful Bird on a Vine ceramic pendant by Nan Emmett of Spirited Earth, the antique copper daisy spacers and, of course, some of that glorious waxed linen I may have mentioned earlier. I also added some lovely quartz and jade, along with eight of my beaded beads.


My next piece utilizes the clasp from my bead soup, which is the perfect focal for some lovely carved tiger eye and red aventurine beads I've had in my stash for quite some time. I know I will be wearing this often.


This next bracelet is all bead soup ingredients ... I love the contrast of the blue Magnesite beads and the round filigree beads.


I then remembered that I had some Golem Design Studio beads that would look great with the Magnesite and filigree, so I made another one ...


 And another one ...



Look at how great all three of them look together!


And last but not least, I took the sari ribbon that was wrapped around my box of bead soup and braided it with some waxed linen (of course) while adding a few mauve Czech glass beads and the lovely little angel charm Kym made.



I had such a great time with this Bead Soup ... thank you Kym, thank you Lori, and thank you for stopping by and checking out my creations!

Please also visit my partner Kym Hunter at Kym Hunter Designs ... I can't wait to see what she made with the beads I sent her ...


Happy Weekend and Happy Hopping!


Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure
Amy Severino, Amy Beads
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations
Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art


81 comments:

Ginger Bishop said...

I love your beaded beads. They are all great pieces, but that necklace is amazing.

LisaS said...

Love that first pendant necklace and the beaded beads you made which set off the pendant perfectly ;)

Francy said...

those bracelets look great all together.

Kumi at Malie Kai Designs said...

Love everything you made!! What a stunning job!

Cytherea Bijoux said...

You're right, necklace is stunning ;)

Cilla said...

Beauties! I love waxed Irish linen. I get mine from White Clover on Etsy.

The Jewelry Larder by Maybeline Tay said...

It is so nice to see beadwork with waxed linen and clay. Nice!

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh my Lola, If waxed linen gives you that kind of a creative high, then I want some too ;-)! I love the necklace it is gorgeous and so earthy. I can see you struting around town getting all kinds of compliments when you are wearing it along with your bracelets that are totally awesome! Fantastic job!
Therese

Margareta said...

What a lovely necklace! Love your beaded beads, how awesome they match with the pendant!

BackstoryBeads said...

Love those beaded beads! All your designs are terrific, as always, but that magnesite and filigree bracelet with the Golem focal is my favorite.

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Oh, Lola! I love everything that you made! The necklace is beautiful and I love all of the bracelets!

Thank you for being such a wonderful BSBP partner. I had so much fun with the bead soup ingredients that you sent and I love the colors!

Blessing and have a great day!

Kym

Aquariart said...

Lovely soup Lola, I really like your first piece with the elongated beaded tubes. Great color choices. That is some fabulous soup you got!! I also want to thank you for following my blog. I hope to participate in the next bead soup. I just started a new job in April and have been a little overwhelmed.

Pine Ridge Treasures said...

I really love those beaded beads! Fantastic job!

m.e. said...

gorgeous pieces!
The necklace with you fabulists beaded beads is Stunning!
Delicious soup!
m.e. :)

adlinah said...

Hey, there's nothing simple about doing simple. In fact it's pretty hard to keep things simple, yet interesting. I think you managed it amazingly well. I hear you about the waxed linen - I'm going to have to start making bracelets. I love how yours turned out. But I have to say, my favourite piece is the necklace with your beaded beads.

bailaora said...

My fav is the necklace with seed bead beaded beads!But the rest is also very creative:))) Congratulations!

vonna said...

I love waxed linen too! It is so versatile. You created some dynamite pieces!

Love, Yesterdays said...

They are all so wonderful...and you could even pair several pieces together! so coordinating :)

Pretty Things said...

Love it ALL! And I love you, too -- you make me laugh so hard and that's a good thing! :-) You really outdid yourself, and I'm so glad you participated!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wow - love what you did with the wax linen - it is awesome when a jewelry element can make you that happy to create :) Fantastic creations of all the soup goodies you received!!!

coffeeaddict said...

yummy soup, I love the red aventurine bracelet

Sandra said...

i love everything you made, love your style!

BluMoon said...

You made such a lot of lovely things I couldn't pick a favourite!
Jackie

13 said...

Lovely designs, great palette

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

I've never used waxed linen before, but you're like the third person I've heard raving about it! This has me intrigued and wanting to run out to get some right now ^.^

I think you did a beautiful job with all your pieces! It made me giggle with those 3 bracelets you kept on making.

Isn't that the way it goes though? You're so inspired you just keep going and going...

Happy Hopping!

Shirley said...

Well, I'm with you. That waxed linen looks wonderful, every way you used it! And those blue bracelets are seriously cool. I really, really love what you did with everything.

Jenni said...

Great job with everything you did but my fav is the necklace with the wonderful pairing of focal and your beaded beads.
It's lovely to see your enthusiasm over the waxed linen..I am sure you have inspired many to try it, myself included!
Jenni

Shaiha said...

I know what you mean about waxed linen. I just love the feel of it when I am playing. I get mine from B Toucan Inc. Not a lot of colors there but great prices.

All of your pieces are wonderful but I just fell madly in love with the necklace.

Amy's said...

Gorgeous pieces.
I was laughing what you said about buying an outfit to match the necklace :))
I have a fantastic lamp in my living room and I bought the furniture to compliment on that and I choose the paint also according to that lamp:)
I wonder what kind of outfit that necklace is going to get.

Bonita Bead said...

You received a great soup and you did great things with it. I loved reading your post and I laughed when I scrolled down to see one blue bracelet after another. But I do like them. I would wear them together. Nice job.

Jeanniek said...

Lola, Lola, Lola, these are amazingly beautiful. I particularly like your beaded beads in the necklace.
I love waxed linen too and use it a lot. You'll have to model for us the outfit you buy to compliment your necklace.

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Are fantastic pieces !Congrats!

coolmoon said...

YAY! Seed Beads! LOVE the beaded beads. All very cool....

Tanya Ozanne said...

Thanks for the laughs and the pretties.Looking good.Love and hugs Tanya

Andrea said...

I loved everything you made. I am a firm believer in simple balanced designs. I am just getting into using fibers. You did so much with them. Very inspiring.

Emakaye said...

Wonderful creations! I'm not sure I could choose a favorite but I think those stackable bracelets are beautiful.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Lola I love the way you capped the beaded beads with the daisy spacers, just perfect! You also pulled some great stash treasures to go with your soup. I used waxed linen too, I have a roll from a couple of years ago (before I basically downed tools to have a baby) it came from bello modo, reasonably priced from what I recall...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I enjoyed your soup and your creative use of the beads, colors and techniques! Super fun bead soup!! Kris

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh I agree! I just discovered working with linen, waxed linen, twine .... you name it ... I'm playing with string :) Your pieces are awesome - each piece looks fun to wear!

fulgorine said...

I love all your creations but especially how the beaded beads work with the spacers in the first necklace. I don't think I will be able to look at waxed linen the same way again LOL.

Sandi Volpe said...

Gorgeous work, love your combos and beaded beads are perfect!!

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Lola, this is a gorgeous collection of jewellery! Starting with your first necklace... an intriguing blend of two styles (I'm thinking of it as Boho Bling!) Then a warm and pretty bracelet that set off the textured clasp. The three (bonus!) turquoise-colour bracelets demonstrate how you were able to get great variety with just a change of focals.

I think it is fabulous how the one colour of linen thread was used in so many designs, and they are all so different! I already loved brown, but if I hadn't, you would have converted me, Lola. I ordered waxed thread for the first time a couple of days ago... now I'm excited to work with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kepi said...

Wow, really pretty pieces.

Lupe Meter said...

Awesome designs!! You did a great job with your bead soup! Such lovely creations!

Creative Atelier said...

I am at awe! Your pieces are totally gorgeous. This necklace totally speaks to me. Amazing job:)

Shyme said...

Lovely pieces!

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

great job with the focal. im a huge fan of waxed linen and your beaded beads are fantastic. beautiful work! ~diana

alankarshilpa said...

I loved what you did with the beads. All the pieces came out beautifully. The orange one is my favorite.

ThreeRedBeads said...

Love them all beautiful work!

one-eared pig said...

Gorgeous! The necklace is great!

Elisabeth said...

Wow! I love the first necklace and those three turquoise and brown bracelets are awesome - how fun they look together!

Rachel said...

Love your beaded beads in the necklace!

Barb Fernald said...

I like it all! That waxed linen really works for you. I can see why you are so excited!

Tammie said...

Gosh what a BEAUTIFUL soup! I think it's all lovely, I would totally wear any of those~

CraftyHope said...

It's so much fun to read along when someone writes how much fun they had with their soup. You could have been completely baffled with the waxed linen and left it alone, but you dove right in and made some simply terrific pieces. I especially like your first necklace and the trio of bracelets. Isn't waxed linen lovely to work with. Unfortunately, I get most of mine from a local bead store when it's in stock, so giving that out won't help you much. Sorry!
I can't wait to see what's up your sleeve next now that you're so enthusiastic about a new supply!

Linda Y said...

Beautiful pieces. Great job.

April Grinaway said...

Wow ! Amazing work. Love it all.

LoriF said...

A beautiful job of a beautiful soup! Your necklace is JUST my style; love it! I'm going to have to try that waxed irish linen, love what you've done with your beaded beads on it.

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Gorgeous designs. The red aventurine bracelet is beautiful!

Jean A. Wells said...

First of all, I love the beads you sent to Kym. They are way cool and she did such a fantastic job with them. Second I also love the filigree beads with the turquoise beads. Third, is that waxed linen you used?

Here Bead Dragons said...

What beautiful pieces you created. The necklace is sumptuous and the bracelets are fantastic.

~cryssT

Kim said...

And now I must try some waxed linen. I particularly love the way it looks with the sari silk. Your designs are beautiful.

Karen Mitchell said...

Love waxed linen! And the blue bracelets are great!

Melissa said...

Those were all great pieces. Such great eye candy.

beautifully done.

Melissa Muir
http://design.kcjewelbox.com

said...

I love all your pieces, great work!
ciao dall'Italia

Courtney said...

I want to party with you! :) Your pieces are great and I LOVE the layered bracelets! Have to try waxed linen soon.

Spirited Earth said...

i thought i had left a previous comment but don't see it now,
i love what you created with your soup ingredients..
your beaded beads were the perfect compliment to the focal..the necklace is beautiful and looks like something that could be worn everyday..the idea of layered bracelets is fun...all your pieces are lovely.

Becky Pancake said...

I like all of your pieces. Your beaded beads are the perfect compliment to the focal in the first necklace.

Heather said...

I love the necklace and the orange bracelet!! Beautiful!

Alice said...

You made quite a few pieces, and they're all very lovely. I like especially like the beaded piece.

Krafty Max said...

OH MY GOODNESS, I love them ALLLL, but the orange bracelet is my favorite!! Great job!!

beadrecipes said...

I love your soup creations, especially, but not just, the set of bracelets at the end! Isn't waxed linen fun?

Mary K. McGraw said...

You made so many lovely pieces with your soup. Especially love your beaded beads.

Patricia L Johnson Glass Art said...

Really nice! I really like the beadwork and your use of the sari silk...beautiful job!

Cindy said...

Oh I can see how much fun you had with your soup and how inspired you were - the beautiful designs really show it! I just love all of your pieces, especially the first necklace. You paired Nan's focal so nicely with your beaded beads (Nan was my BSBP partner!). :-)

fireflymyst said...

I love your beaded designs! I especially love the bracelets!

Kathy Lindemer said...

I must get some waxed linen! Beautiful bracelets!

LeeLu Creations said...

All three of those bracelets do look fabu together! Great job.

Lisa said...

I saw your necklace on the Pinterest 6th Bead Soup Board and had to come read your post. You are truly an artist! I love each and every piece you made! They are all gorgeous! :)

Cheryl McCloud said...

Love the brown and turquoise piece!!

Samanthaieuf said...

Wow ! Amazing work. Love it all.