Sunday, January 20, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge -- #1 and #2

When Art Jewelry Elements posted a year long earring challenge on their blog, I immediately threw my hat in the ring.  Fifty-two weeks ... one pair of earrings each week.  Let's do this!

Week #1 -- These earrings were created with two rondelle polymer clay beads handmade by me, and accented with glass beads and gold plated metal components.
 
 
 
Week #2 --  These earrings were created with two beautiful polymer clay beads handmade by Heather Powers of Humblebeads, accented with Salwag wood bead tubes (a nod to Heather's love of nature) and antique copper findings.  I really like the way these turned out! =)
 
 
 
 
If you'd like to see many, many more earrings, check out the links on the AJE Earring Challenge Reveal post, in addition to the accompanying Pinterest board.
 
Thanks for stopping by ... I'll have two more earrings for you back here on Sunday, February 3rd.  Hope to see you then!
 

10 comments:

Kristi Bowman said...

Lovely earrings, I especially like the sort of rustic feel of the second pair. Nicely done! I'm happy you are joining us for our Earrings Challenge.

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Hi Lola! So glad to see your earrings. Both pair are beautiful and I love the pair made with your beads! I still have a pair left from the BSBP and I'm going to use for one of the up coming weeks reveal.

Patti Van said...

Both pair are beautiful - but that first pair is stunning! Love your handmade beads!

Linda said...

Both are so pretty. I especially love the colors and shapes in the second pair. Thank you for joining the AJE Earring Challenge!

Kathy Lindemer said...

I will be using the same beads by Heather later! I love what you did with them.

Alice said...

Beautiful earrings! I love the rich colors!

Esfera jewelry said...

Lovely earrings. I especially like the second pair. Lovely combination.

Marti C. said...

Beautiful polymer beads and they look lovely the way you set them! Great job!

Freestyle Elements said...

Both pair of earrings are beautiful, but the second pair is my favorite! Your beads are absolutely gorgeous!

AliMc said...

In love with the rustic feel of the second pair, but also enjoy the colors in your polymer beads in the first.