Saturday, January 12, 2013

Focusing on Life -- #2 My Word

Aaaaaaaaand ... ACTION!

    
Yes, that is my awesome word for 2013.

While I was introspectively looking at words like CORE and FOCUS for the year, ACTION jumped out of nowhere, grabbed me by the throat and refused to release its grip until I promised to take it home with me! 

Since then, ACTION has been slowly dragging me away from all that perpetual plotting and planning and thinking and worrying that has thus far gotten me pretty much nowhere, and has been gently nudging me towards success with small action baby steps.

Success-Graphic-Quotes-Wallpapers-19

Our journey has just begun, but I think we're off to a pretty good start!

 
If you'd like to see the posts of all those who are participating in Sally's challenge, or if you think you might like to join in on the fun yourself, head on over to The Studio Sublime for links and details.

16 comments:

maryharding said...

Love your word, that is working already and your quote from Picasso!!

Claire said...

hi lola, blogger was playing up when i tried to leave a comment earlier, so i don't know if it made it... anyway, it's a really great photo for a great word :)
wishing you a wonderful 2013!
i'm no. 21 on the list btw :o)

Tanya said...

I love your action shot. :). That is a wonderful word and one many of us need to remember. We need to act to achieve anything. The sailing photo is absolutely lovely.

Alice said...

I love your word. So many of us have chosen words that mean taking some sort of action, motivation, etc. It seems we all desire to see results on a regular basis. Your photo is lovely!

AntiquityTravelers said...

great word ... stop all the talk, and let's get to it!! I could certainly use a dose of that - ha!! I hope you have a lot of 'action' in 2013!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola,
Love your word. I know my friend, that you will live up to your word this year and years to come.
Therese

Beti Horvath said...

Your word and photos remind me of the use of the word action in film production. Scene after scene, the action starts again.... Nice job!

Shel said...

Your word for the year is awesome, as is your photo (sailboats are among my favorites!!)and the way you did your post is super as well - love it!!

Patti Van said...

LOVE your first picture and how you graphically displayed your WORD!! So cool! The quote is beautiful - one that should be permanently posted to my wall - I may have to write it on my chalkboard as a daily reminder! I am glad you WORD is inspiring you!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Awesome way to display your word! That is what I need action to get my behind moving with the motivation! Love the quote from Picasso with the sailing image!

Karen Williams said...

I love it! :), especially your comment about action 'dragging me away from all that perpetual plotting and planning and thinking and worrying'.

I am so there!

Annette said...

Oh gosh, this should be my word because of all my plotting, planning, thinking, and worrying! And I love your action shot!

Alicia said...

Ah, a great reminder for the New Year: a superb word, Lola! Glad it already works for you :)

Sally Russick said...

Awesome word and you captured it beautifully in your photo!
Hope all your plans for the coming year get put into ACTION and begin you many wonderful opportunities!

TesoriTrovati said...

Great word, Miss Lola! Vision without action is just a dream. You can make that action take life this year! I wish you joy in the journey this year! Enjoy the day. Erin

Cynthia@Ornamental Style said...

I so get your word! Great photo effects, too.