Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Art Bead Scene

Although it has taken me the entire month, I finally created a pair of earrings inspired by the painting Black Peacocks with Japanese Persimmons that is part of the Art Bead Scene January Challenge.  I have been wanting to participate in this challenge for quite some time now, and am so happy to have finally done it.

Here is the painting ...



And here are my earrings ...

 
These earrings consist of polymer clay beads handmade by me, and glass flower beads. Waxed linen and Vintaj components bring it all together.
 
Now that I've completed my first ABS monthly challenge, I'm ready for another one!  C'mon February ... bring it! =)
 

7 comments:

Christine Altmiller said... Best Blogger Tips

These are lovely! I can absolutely see the peacock inspiration in them. Great ones, Lola :-)

Therese's Treasures said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lola,
These are beautiful! The polymer clay beads are awesome love, love, love, them.
Therese

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the texture and the circular movement in your feather beads, what a great idea! Beautiful earrings.

Cynthia@Ornamental Style said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice! Great design and your beads are lovely.

Patti Van said... Best Blogger Tips

Love these earrings with the linen cording!

kim Idalski said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the beads. I love polymer. these are darling earrings and the colors fit the painting wonderfully.

re-maker said... Best Blogger Tips

Lola, I love your beads AND your enthusiasm!

I can't wait to see more.