Saturday, February 09, 2013

Focusing on Life -- #6 Feel the Love

I am not a fan of winter. It's usually too cold and snows just enough to make going places difficult before eventually turning into sludgy brown "snirt." But every now and then the perfect storm comes along and for a few short days I am not only grateful for winter, but I fall in love with it.  The perfect storm for me occurs when half of the snow that has fallen sticks to the trees instead of the roads.

 
The above photo was taken with my cell and is not as clear as I had hoped it would be, but as I was driving to the grocery store, I noticed this tree covered with beautiful little birds, chirping and singing and enjoying the freshly fallen snow. I definitely felt the love! The birds are barely visible, but there are over 15 of them perched in the center/left portion of the picture. 
 
Later in the day I went out with the kids and my good camera to capture the breathtaking results of my perfect storm.  
 


Within that beautiful cluster of trees were two smaller trees entwined in a warm, winter embrace.
 
 
It may be cold and snowy in Wisconsin, but love is still very much definitely in the air.
 
 
Is it just me, or is that a nearly complete heart in the sky?  Feel the love?  Why yes, yes I do! =)

 

If you'd like to see the posts of all those who are participating in Sally's challenge, or if you think you might like to join in on the fun yourself, head on over to The Studio Sublime for links and details.

18 comments:

Patty Woodland said...

I love fresh snow in the trees. Just like you - before it all falls off and makes a royal mess.

Marlene Cupo said...

Mother Nature gives us something to love each and every day of the year. Thanks for sharing yours.

Janet Bocciardi said...

I love the snow when it's in the trees, too - so peaceful and lovely. Wouldn't it be terrible if snow was ugly?

Annette said...

Your photos are absolutely beautiful! I'm so not a winter person, but I don't mind a good snow when I don't have to go anywhere!

Cynthia@Ornamental Style said...

Brrrrr! The trees do look beautiful cloaked in snow. Lovely shots you captured. And yes, I could see the heart through the trees!

Tanya said...

Wonderful photos. The trees do look like the snow is hugging them.

A Polymer Penchant said...

wow,gorgeous shots. I love the little birds, once you pointed them out. We get plenty snow, but usually with plenty wind so it's usually all over the place :(

SummersStudio said...

Peaceful and lovely and your photos bring back fond memories of my northern childhood.

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Your second photo is really wonderful; it captures the beauty of fresh fallen snow in such a lovely way. I grew up in upstate New York, where there is plenty of snow in the winter, and I will have to say now that I live in a place that rarely sees it I really do miss it! I have been wishing for snow everyday!

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

My hubby and I moved away from the snow awhile back but it's pictures like yours that make me miss it just a little! How gorgeous. And I agree. The best part about a snoawfall like that is how everything stops, just for a little while, to pay homage to nature.

Beti Horvath said...

You have certainly captured the best of winter!

Sally Russick said...

Lola! not only is the snow breathtaking but your photo is too! How could you not fall in love with the beauty of the snow! Gorgeous shots! Isn't Mother Nature wonderful!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Beautiful capture of the snow! and it does look like a heart up in the sky!

Jennifer said...

Ha! Jokes on me I was looking for the necklace! The trees with snow on every little branch, before wind or gravity shakes it away - pure magic!

LoriF said...

Beautiful captures of the snow! Like you, I was not feeling the love of the snow so much after the last 2 days of Nemo..but I see the beauty!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love you photos of the trees covered with snow and can hear the birds singing and feeling their love.

Karen Williams said...

That truly was the perfect storm! It looks like a true Winter Wonderland.

And I could indeed pick out the birds in the first photo - once you pointed them out. If you hadn't, I would have completely overlooked them.

Shel said...

Lola, Love your pics. The pine tree covered in snow reminds of the one in my front yard when I was a little girl - it was always so lovely when it was covered with snow. And those cute little birdies - great capture! I definitely felt the love in your snowy pics,...even though I like the warm weather better, I love seeing snow like this!!