Thursday, February 14, 2013

Heavy Metal Bead Soup

When I first started making jewelry, sterling silver was the metal I preferred to work with.  As silver became more expensive, however, I started experimenting with different metals, but only minimally.  This, however, is my most extensive brass collection to date!

 
Isn't this a fantastic bead soup mix?  It's from my bead soup partner, Brenda Sue Lansdowne, better known as B'Sue of B'Sue Boutiques.  I've seen several of her videos on You Tube and have seen her use the Ranger Vintaj Patinas and Swellegant Dye Oxides to alter brass pieces such as these, and now ... oh now I have several of her works of art in my hot little hands!!! Here's a closer look at each of the two plates ...

Bead caps, end caps, jump rings, head pins, book chain, beautifully wire-wrapped beads ...

... fantastic focal, charms and beads made beautiful by B'Sue, along with three perfect clasps.
 
I've never created a substantial piece of jewelry where I primarily used these types of components, but I'm looking forward to giving it my best effort!  I hope Brenda Sue isn't thrown for a loop with the bead soup I sent her.  I went white and wintery as inspired by some polymer clay beads I made, along with some polymer clay beads made by Jeannie Dukic.  Since I failed to take a good, detailed picture of the soup I sent like I usually do -- without the baggies -- I'll have to share this boring version instead.
 
 
This mix consists of polymer clay beads and focal, shell focal, shell connectors, sterling silver multi-strand clasp, pewter toggle (a little piece of Lori Anderson herself there), glass beads, seed beads, pearls, sterling silver components/chain/wire, "Vintage Groove" charms, and antique copper daisy spacers.  I hope B'Sue likes it ...
 
Check back here on the 1st Reveal (3/30) to see what we've made. =)
 
 

8 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola,
Wow now that is a gorgeous bead soup mix! I know you are going to have a wonderful time creating something delicious with this bead soup.
Therese

BackstoryBeads said...

Whoa ! You are gonna have some fun. I've got my calendar marked for the 30th!

Beetique said...

I love stuff from B'Sue. I see you got some of that gorgeous book chain!

Sarah Singer said...

Lovely stuff! That dragonfly focal is particularly nice!

CraftyHope said...

Ohhhh, two very yummy soups! I'm positive that you will create something amazing with those new-to-you pieces. I have full confidence in it. Can't wait to see what it is though. . . :)

Springs Designs said...

The designs on the beads look so beautiful...great work.

Thanks,
Handmade Jewellery

vovsblog said...

Beautiful mix! stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

Kym Hunter Designs said...

Your beads soup ingredients look scrumptious and I can't wait to see what you create with them!