Thursday, February 07, 2013

Inspired by Winter

My ACTION word for the year has been keeping me very, very busy with all these wonderful challenges I have been doing! Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, but mostly it has been motivating and quite refreshing.

Today's design challenge is "Inspired by Winter" by the lovely Sally Russick of The Studio Sublime.

 
Since it's finally beginning to look a lot like winter here in the Midwest,  my design is inspired by the snow that has been falling just about every other day lately.
 
 
I really like the way these earrings turned out.  I used white waxed linen, AB finish glass beads, sterling silver components and polymer clay charms handmade by me to create these beauties.
 
 
I love the shine of the glass beads and the sparkle of the polymer charms, and I think they're going to look fabulous dangling from my earlobes as I shovel the 3-5" of snow we're expecting today!
 
Before I do that, however, I'm going to check out what winter elements inspired the rest of the participants!  The snow shoveling can definitely wait a bit ... =)
 
 

22 comments:

Patti Van said...

I am so jealous of your snowfall! LOVE your polyer beads - and the AB finish on your glass beads perfectly illustrates Winter in these earrings! The white waxed linen was a nice surprise - I really like that touch! HAVE FUN SHOVELING SNOW!!!

AntiquityTravelers said...

You'll be the best looking shoveler on the block! LOL Those are really beautiful with the mix of winter shimmer and matte .. LOVE these

Christine Altmiller said...

You will be the prettiest shoveler in the neighborhood :-) What absolute winter beauties!

stacilouise said...

sparkly- but not too much, just the right amount! Your charms are very nice :)

Gale said...

Love the charms!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I really like your use of the white waxed linen and the white polymer clay charms. Great earrings for winter.

Libellula Jewelry said...

Your earrings make me think of frost on a windowpane. *pretty!*

Designed by Vera said...

Great earrings!!!! I can sooo see the snow and ice you are having! Though I don't think I would wear them outside to shovel snow, if you lost one, you wouldn't find it til Spring! Great Job!

BackstoryBeads said...

Shovel Lola Shovel. Doesn't sound nearly as much fun! Hopefully, there will be time to bead afterwards, because you are on a roll - pure, understated elegance - for the driveway or the runway!

Renetha said...

Pretty snow drops! Your bead combination definitely reminded me of snow from the first glimpse.

kimmykats said...

Laughing, you will be very styled as you scoop! Good luck!

kimmykats said...

Laughing, you will be very styled as you scoop! Good luck!

Sally Russick said...

LOL! Lola, your ears will be the best dressed on the block when you are shoveling that snow! I love the earrings and the components especially the polymer clay components you made, very cool!!
Thank you for participating in the hop!!

re-maker said...

I like the contrast between the solid white vs the irridescent. It's a very wintery mix!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola,
I love the earrings the iridescent glass beads look like ice and your polymer clay dangles are very pretty and snow inspired. Enjoy wearing them out in the snow I just wish you were not the one shoveling it though.
Therese

MaryL said...

Very pretty! Interesting how you used the linen thread... never thought of that :)

Tanya said...

Those earrings are beautiful. I love how the glass beads compliment your clay dangles so well.

Karin said...

Lovely work! They are beautiful. Stay safe and warm in all of that snow.

Jennifer said...

Perfect! Light weight, little sparkle! Lovely!

Ailsa Cordner said...

Fabulous earrings - I love the shimmer on the polymer beads!!

Shel said...

Love these earrings! Very wintery! I really like those polymer clay bead charms you made, those are fabulous. Makes me want to try some polymer,...but I'm too chicken it won't turn out!! ;-)

LoriF said...

Those are gorgeous, Lola!