Saturday, February 02, 2013

Wellness Words Jewelry Challenge

Tracy Statler from the Make Bracelets! blog issued a Wellness Word Jewelry Challenge last month that grabbed and held my attention.

 
The moment I signed up for the challenge, I knew I would use the word FORGIVE and that somehow violet(s) would be involved.
 
 
I read the above quote for the first time a few years ago and it literally took my breath away.  I read it over and over and over again because it struck such a very deep cord within my soul.
 
 
 
 
From little lapses to big blunders, it's extremely important to forgive ourselves and others. 
photo source

photo source

photo source

Our capacity to make peace with another person and the world, depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves. -- Thich Nhat Hanh in Living Buddha, Living Christ
 
When it comes to others, I don't hold onto anger or carry grudges [much].  When it comes to mistakes that I have made, it's much more difficult to let go.  I know I am not alone in this ... so many of us beat ourselves up over things we should have said and done but didn't, and those things we did say or do that we wish we hadn't.  Forgiveness is a gift we need to give ourselves so that we can let go and move forward with the business of living our lives beautifully, peacefully and with a healthy heart.
 
What word(s) would you/did you choose for your wellness?
 

15 comments:

Kate said...

I have never read that quote before. You are right it is captivating and a wonderful choice for your word. Mine was 'Be Yourself.'

** Kate **

Tanya said...

That quote is beautiful. I love the bracelet. I know you will enjoy wearing it.

Kym Hunter Designs said...

I love your bracelet! The color is perfect

jeanetteblix.com said...

Forgiveness. It's such an important word-and yes, we tend to be much more forgiving to others than ourselves. We must remember to be just forgiving to our self when we falter. Love bracelet. I love the color and enjoyed reading all your quotes.

Mary Anne said...

My word for the challenge was "Persist." Forgiveness of self is a noble choice, and very hard to achieve! I enjoyed all the quotes. Thank you for sharing.

Adrienne said...

What an important word to create from. Forgiveness is a daily lesson I'm learning both inward and outward.

Shel said...

Oh Lola, this is so beautiful. I love what you wrote about forgiveness and how we have to start w/ourselves. Your bracelet is just lovely. Thanks for sharing all the quotes, too - those are awesome!

Shanti Johnson said...

I luv forgiveness inspiration ty. And bracelet is inspiring!

Alicia said...

Your word is amazing - and the quotes you chose perfect! I love the bracelet: its colour is enticing to forgiveness. I hope it will remind you to give yourself a break every now and then :)

A Polymer Penchant said...

beautiful post Lola. I saw a quote, fleetingly the other day, something to the effect of worry being a waste of imagination. Worry, grudges, just not worth the energy are they. Thank you for the reminder

Suzette said...

I love that quote...so true! Your bracelet is beautiful!

TesoriTrovati said...

What a beautiful word to carry with you through the year, Miss Lola! I think you are absolutely right... we don't often think that the holding of a grudge can be with ourselves. I am thinking of one that I have done for so long that it must be stopped. You have given me an insight, an epiphany. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy the day. Erin

Erin Siegel said...

So very true. Forgiving ourselves is a toughy. Good on you for choosing that! Love the fiber in your bracelet design.

Tracy Statler said...

Great quotes Lola! Forgiveness is a great word and the concept that we have to forgive ourselves too is very powerful. I love the violet color of your bracelet. Enjoy wearing it and thanks for participating!

Tracy

beadrecipes said...

A lovely quote, and such an important word to keep in mind. I love the bracelet too, and the colours you chose.