Saturday, March 30, 2013

7th Bead Soup Blog Party -- 1st Reveal

Time flies when you're having fun, 'cause I can't believe it's already time for the first reveal of the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party!

I have been having a great time playing with the bead soup my partner Brenda Sue Lansdowne (aka B'Sue of B'Sue Boutiques) sent me.  I've also been watching some of her instructional videos and getting very inspired.  Although my final designs aren't quite as intricate as hers, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out!

Here is the bead soup I received from B'Sue (which, by the way, is all most likely available on her website, along any instructional videos you may need)  --



 
Here are the necklace and bracelet I created with the soup:
 
 
 
 
B'Sue provided me with such awesome materials, that the only items I added to my designs were some blue quartz beads and some thin, brass chain.  I love how beautifully the quartz complements those brass pieces with the patina on them.  It's hard to see in these pictures, but that heart pendant that Brenda altered is absolutely exquisite!  It is a piece to be treasured! 
 
Thank you B'Sue for all the wonderful bead soup goodies!  I had a great time working with the components you sent me and getting to know you through your videos and early morning television show appearances!   Now, I am off to see what you created with the bead soup I sent you.  I unfortunately did not take any good pictures of my soup before I packaged it (seriously, I should know better!), but here is a glimpse of what I sent.
 
 
I can't wait to see what she made!!!
 
[Update:  Love, love, LOVE both necklaces!!!  She stayed true to her design aesthetic while pushing herself to incorporate as much of the bead soup as possible.  I love the beaded focal she created on the first necklace and the elongated focal on the second one.  Both pieces ... stunning!]
 
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  I will be busy this weekend with family for the holiday, but I'll sneak in some blog visits here and there, with full on hopping commencing on Monday. =)  Below are all of the 1st Reveal participants. Happy Hopping everyone and thank you Lori Anderson for all you do to make this such an awesome experience!

First and Last Name
Blog URL
Alicia Marinache
Amber Dawn Goldish
Barb Solem
Bev Breisinger
Birgitta Lejonklou
Breana Fry


Brenda Sue Lansdowne
Bridget Torres
Carol Dee Myers
Carolyn Chenault
Cassi Paslick
Cece Cormier
Cheryl McCloud
Cindy Wilson
Crystal Thain


Cynthia Riggs
Dana Hickey
Dana James
Darlene Fortier
Deana Hager
Deanna Cox
Deb Brooks
Debra Behrends
Denielle Hagerman
Denise McCabe


Diana Frey
Diana Welte
Dini Bruinsma
DiYana Alcalde
Dolores Raml
Donna Millard
Dot Lewallwn
Duane Clark
Dyanne Cantrell


Eleanor Burian-Mohr
Elisabeth Auld
Elizabeth Owens Dwy
Emily Greer
Enikö Fabian
Erin Grant
Eva Kovacs
Eva Sherman


Gina Hockett
Grace Rotenberg
Gretchen Nation
Hannah Rosner
Heather Davis
Heather Marston
Heather Powers
Ingrid McCue


Jacqueline Marchant
Jan Petek
Janeen Sorensen
Jane-Michael Stallings
Jasvanti Patel
Jayashree Paramesh
Jayne Capps
Jean Yates
Jennifer Cameron
Jennifer LaVite


Joan Williams
Jodie Marshall
Judy Riggs
Julie Anne Leggett
Kat Barron Miller
Kathy Lindemer
Kim Hora


Kim Houston
Kim Sparks
Krafty Max
Kris Lanae Binsfeld
Krista French
Kristen Stevens
Kristi Harrison
Kumi Fisher


Laren Dee Barton
Laura Bracken
Laura Demoya
Laurie Hanna
Laurie Keefe-Cecere
Lea Avroch
Leanne Loftus


Lee Anne Messerschmidt
Leslie Schenkel
Linda Anderson
Linda Djokic
Linda Murphy
Linda Sadler
Lisa Liddy
Lisa Suver


Liz DeLuca
Liz Engriser
Lola Surwillo
Loretta Carstensen
Lori Anderson
Lori Bergmann
Lori Bowring Michaud
Lori Poppe
Lori Schneider


Lyn Foley
Maddison Langford
Magdalena Sikora
Mallory Hoffman
Marcella Austenfeld
Marcy Lamberson
Maria Clark
Maria Rosa Sharrow
Marianna Boylan


Marie Covert
Marti Conrad
Mary Ellen Merrigan
Mary Harding
Molly Alexander
Nan Emmett
Niky Sayers
Pam Chesbro


Pam Farren
Pam Sandy
Pam Traub
Pamela Gangler
Patricia Buchanan
Patricia Johnson
Patty Miller
Paula Hisel
Peggy Gabrielson


Perri Jackson
Rachel Baron
Rachel Stanley
Rain Hannah
Rana Wilson
Renetha Stanziano
Robin Reed
Rochelle Brisson
Rose Rushbrooke


Ruth Szapa
Sally Russick
Sandi Volpe
Sandra Pendragon
Sandy Richardson
Sarah Small
Shannon Hicks


Shari Replogle
Sheila Daniels
Sheila Davis
Shiraz Biggie
Shirley Moore
Skylar Bre'z
Staci Smith
Stacie Florer


Stacy Pomerleau
Stephanie Weiss
Sumi Rani
Susan Sheehan
Suzette Bentley
Tamera Norris
Tracy Choy
Tracy Stillman
Valerie Norton
Vicki Holliday


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

61 comments:

Shari Replogle said...

Those beads are beautiful! All the verdigris are my favorite colors. I love your design Lola.

NEDbeads said...

Gorgeous pieces!! I love them both, but my absolute favorite is the bracelet - so beautifully balanced!!

PiPa said...

I love your pieces, beautifully made.

Kristen said...

Lola darling you are awesome! So multitalented and creative! Gorgeousness!!!!!

Krafty Max said...

Love them both, but for me....dragonflies are perfect!!! Amazing!! ~KM http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33113.html

Brenda Sue Lansdowne said...

Her name was Lola, she got a bead soup, and what she did with it was fab, it never could be drab....LOL I bet you get that Lola thing from the song a lot. Anyway, I am giddy with excitement for the Blog Hop, THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH AN EXCELLENT PARTNER, Lola held my hand and made sure I got to the party and didn't come with egg on my face. LOVE what you did w the stuff I sent. I made that pendant focal a coupla years ago, I think it was in a video....and it sat. Sat. Sat some more. Waiting for the perfect project. Waiting for YOU. XOXO B'sue

Perl - Eni said...

Wow - so much beautiful work!
I love them all!

Lori Bergmann said...

Ooh, I love how your finished "soup" designs turned out! I would wear either of them in a heartbeat! Hope you're having a great time with the Party Blog hop too! *Ü* http://loribergmann.blogspot.com/2013/03/bead-soup-7-revealat-last.html

Audrey Bélanger said...

You did such amazing piece with Brenda's components... I am awed ! Keep on with the amazing work <3

Mulligan Stew Jewelry said...

These are so pretty! I love how you made a matching set!!!

Shiraz said...

Very nice work. The two pieces look fabulous together!

Cornerstoregoddess said...

Those are lovely. The bracelet looks like it moves and sounds beautifully.

said...

I'm on the 3rd reveal, I'm partecipating for the 3rd time on BSBP.
I love the soup you received and what you prepared with it! both pieces are lovely, I really love them, totally my style
ciao dall'Italia

Ann said...

I can certainly tell the heart is something to be treasured. After all, there's a dragonfly on it. Great job on your pieces, I love them both!

Sea of Dreams said...

LOVE both pieces! The color is stunning and they are perfect together!

Robin Reed said...

I really love the color, the "feel" and the movement of your pieces. Wonderful job!

Shirley Moore said...

You certainly got a lovely soup, and I just love that necklace! Awesome job!

kathy stemke said...

Great jewelry! Love the blue and silver!!

I’m in the third reveal. Can’t wait.
kathy

Linda said...

loved the use of the brass and light blue - such a gorgeous combo! i may have to steal it ;)

Dry Gulch said...

Love your bead soup, and love what you did with it. Fantastic!

Micheladas said...

I just found my fav pieces of the blog. I could sit and stare at them all day long. Beautiful job.

WindDancerStudios said...

Wonderful soup! I'd have done exactly the same with the cha cha :) Love it!!

Pepita said...

You've got a beautiful soup and you made them justice - I like both of your pieces!

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

Your soup was amazing. I love what you created with it. The pallet and style is very soothing to look at!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Lola your pieces are gorgeous! Love them both!!!

Laura Bracken said...

Geez, your creations are just awesome!

Sandra Pendragon said...

Wow you did a fab job on using your soup. I love the verdigris and brass together. Really nice. What an excellent soup you received. Those glass beads look incredible.

chicandfrog said...

Those are lovely vintage pieces. Love them both!

Ambra

Diah Anggreni said...

beautiful

vovsblog said...

beautiful work well done!

la mar de bonita said...

Oh, you've got beautiful a soup, and your designs are lovely! I can hear the jingle of all those little charms from the bracelet - very nice!

Marti C. said...

Brilliant works and Lovely pieces to work with!

paula hisel said...

definitely one of my favorites so far. i love the vintage feel of the charms :)

Yocheved said...

You are SO lucky! B'sue is one of my all time favorite suppliers (and people). :-D

I really like what you did with it, and the blue quartz works perfectly! That charm bracelet is especially wonderful.

Leanne said...

I LOVE the bracelet! Beautiful!

Kumi at Malie Kai Designs said...

Wow beautiful pieces! Love your style!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

A very nice collection Beautiful works!Congrats!

Just Beads said...

Love them both, beautiful work!

Dini Bruinsma said...

What a georgeous georgeous ♥ bracelet! Love your pieces.

Kepi said...

Love your pieces, the dragonfly/heart pendant is gorgeous. Great job!

bailaora said...

super vintage creations!

Shae Warzocha said...

That bracelet is stunning, I'm crazy for it and what a lovely set they both make.

Susanm said...

Both pieces are gorgeous. The bracelet looks like it would be fun to wear.

Kat BM said...

great designs you made... love the charm bracelet especially

Metal Me This said...

Wow, those pieces are beautiful!

maryharding said...

Love the blue and brass tones together. You made beautiful pieces!

Cheryl Gangle said...

Awesome bead soup ingredients! B'Sue Boutique is a wonderful place to shop! Your designs are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Patricia Johnson said...

Beautiful focal! I really like what you made especially the bracelet!

Rachel said...

Such pretty pieces! Love the necklace!

Becky Pancake said...

You did a great job using your soup Lola.

Bobbie said...

Very pretty pieces -- I really like the effect of the bead groupings on the side of the necklace. They look quite elegant.

Tara P. said...

Great necklace and I just LOVE jingly jangly bracelets!

Nchantme said...

Lots of texture and interest in your pieces! Love the bracelet!

HundredColors said...

Stunning Designs! Loved it!

Lori Anderson said...

Love love love the bracelet! I'm all about dangly bits on jewelry!

Thanks so much for participating!!!

Barbara Mason said...

Beautiful bracelet and necklace, lovely colors and design.

Bev said...

Your pieces are totally awesome! I love the blues and hearts and antique silver. What a wonderful bowl of soup you received! Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly said...

WOW, loved your ingredients! You made a delicious looking soup with them! That bracelet is AMAZING!

Sherri Stokey said...

Beautiful!

sam Waghorn said...

You did a fantastic job with some gorgeous soup.x

CraftyHope said...

You really created some serious treasures with your soup. That bracelet is so sublime. You rocked this!