Saturday, March 02, 2013

Focusing on Life -- #8 Monochromatic and #9 Knock, Knock

I'm a week behind on my Focusing on Life pics, so today is Twofer Saturday!

#8 -- Monochromatic


I met my friend B at Cafe Lulu for pie last Saturday and thought the old fashioned shape of the sign would look great in black and white.  I really love the way it turned out and I think I may have this one framed ... a reminder of a time when Lulu was one of my nicknames. =)  

#9 Knock, Knock
 
 
Behind this FANTASTIC orange door is, friendship, laughter, serenity, art, joy, comfort, wine, bread, cheese, coffee, crafting, wind chimes, angels, peace, light and love.  Oh, and lots and lots of layers of wonderful, colorful paint! (My friend B is a bit of a paintaholic. =) 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and for continuing to join me on my Focusing on Life journey.  I can't tell you how much I have appreciated all of your beautiful comments over the past two months!!! xo
 

 

If you'd like to see the posts of all those who are participating in Sally's challenge, or if you think you might like to join in on the fun yourself, head on over to The Studio Sublime for links and details.

13 comments:

Shel said...

Love B's door - and your monochromatic photo, too - both are awesome! Love what lies behind your friends door.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Sounds like a wonderful friendship with B!

Becky Pancake said...

I like both of your pics. It's great that you have such a wonderful friendship.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola,
I love the photos and the friendship they represent, it sounds like you and B have wonderful times together and that is just too awesome!
Therese

Katherine at Terra Beadworks said...

I love the orange door! Only a very creative artist would have that and she sounds like a great person to be friends with. The B&W is awesome too.

Janet Bocciardi said...

Love her door! Not sure I've ever seen an orange door. Love the sign, too!

LoriF said...

OMG I LOVE her door!! I may have to send you a picture later on in the Spring, to have her advise me on the paint for my new porch and front door! I'm kiiiiiiind of leaning toward lime-y green for the door.

Tanya said...

Those are both great photos. And you are right, that orange door is Fabulous!

Annette said...

I love the orange door and what lies behind it!

Claire said...

what a great twofer post! you're right, the cafe sign looks brilliant in b&w, but we HAD to see that glorious door in full colour :) have a wonderful week!

A Polymer Penchant said...

Quite the twofer! You found some very special things to photograph

CraftyHope said...

Both of your shots are really great. I too like old timey signs. I wouldn't have thought to try it in black and white, but that's super cool. And that door, ohhhhhhhh. It's totally got me wanting to paint my front door some crazy color. Now to decide what! :)

Courtney said...

Both are such great shots, but I am partial to your second door because of what is behind it!