Friday, March 29, 2013

Resin Baubles Blog Hop

I love working with challenging components, and when Lorelei threw down the friendly challenge gauntlet in this post, I jumped at the opportunity. Within hours, I had these components in my hot little hands and was thinking, "I have absolutely no idea what to do with these!!!"

 
I actually liked that there wasn't an obvious answer for these unique components and decided to do something unexpected. So I got out my crochet hook and some 26 gauge wire and proceeded to create some blisters, as well as this bracelet:

 
I really like the way it turned out.  I tried adding some really beautiful seed beads to the gold wire, but it took away from the richness of the piece.  Sometimes less really is more!
 
Please go over to Lorelei's blog and check out the two beautiful necklaces she created with these sliders, and then visit the blogs below of those who took Lorelei up on her challenge.
 
I'm in the throes of finalizing my bead soup creations and my blog post for the reveal tomorrow (I know, I know!), as well as getting ready for a houseful of guests on Sunday, but I promise to visit each blog as soon as I can.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

Denise McCabe

Mustard Bead

A Polymer Penchant

Pearl and Pebble

Peacock Fairy

Beads for Busy Gals

Dawn Williams

Shirley Moore

B Street Studios

Sally Russick

Pamela770

Erin Prais-Hintz

Heather Powers

MirandAck

Lily

Karen Firnberg

Tanya

Mary

Rosebud101

Ann

Toltec Jewels

Micha

Terri

21 comments:

Designed by Vera said...

Beautiful!!!

Shirley Moore said...

What a stunning design! I do so love how the wire accents the richness. The only sad part for me is that I don't do wire crochet! You really came up with a wonderful piece of jewelry!

The Crafty Mama said...

Lola, I love it!

Tanya said...

What a great design. I love that you used the sliders vertically. (I wanted to do that, but it wasn't in the cards.) :)

Shel said...

This is so pretty. I love the way it grabs your attention yet still remains "dainty" (for lack of a better word) at the same time - very nice! Neither of the Michael's stores by me had these in any of the colors - but they are pretty cool and very different for sure!

PZ Designs said...

this is a really beautiful piece - I love the creativity and final design!

LisaS said...

I love what you did here. It turned out beautifully!

Lotus said...

This was a great use of the components! I'd sure wear this!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh Lola! that is simply elegant! what a beautiful design!!

Patti Van said...

This is an incredibke design for a showpiece! i applaud your creativity!

Teresa said...

I really love what you did with these sliders! I'm a certified jewelry instructor at a Michaels' store and all of the instructors have been trading ideas back and forth on the full line of sliders. No one had even tried these resin balls and I've been trying to think up something for them myself. They're SO retro and funky but by combing them with wire crochet you've made them look very delicate and feminine, Brilliant! There are so many styles to choose from in the sliders. I had a little bit of fun with these making samples for my classes, you can see them here: picasaweb.google.com/115553289028938495008/NewClassSamples.
So glad I found you and Lorelei I am humbled and inspired

A Polymer Penchant said...

That's awesome Lola! I'm quite sure I'd injure myself attempting to crochet with wire but very happy to see you do it with stunning effect

Micha said...

Love the crochet wire! So fun!

peacockfairy said...

What a great idea! It's gorgeous!

Lorelei Eurto said...

So unique!! Love the gold wire!

Denise McCabe said...

I really like this bracelet. Makes me think I should have gone with my original idea of a bracelet too.

Shari Replogle said...

Awesome design!

Zan Caperton said...

Lola, I really love this bracelet. Turning these sliders into a bracelet was genius! It's very Lola!

Lily said...

Very cool - I love that you used crochet with these sliders!

TesoriTrovati said...

Cool idea with the crochet hook, Miss Lola! I never would have thought of that! Enjoy the day. Erin

CraftyHope said...

WOW! Your addition of the crochet is just perfect for these confounding pieces. What a lovely bracelet.