Friday, May 31, 2013

AJE May Component of the Month -- SueBeads!

I was so excited when I found out I was chosen to be a guest participant in the May Component of the Month challenge over on the Art Jewelry Elements blog, because, well, just look at these beauties!!!
 
 
 
These ruffle disc lampwork beads were handmade by Sue Kenney of SueBeads. Although I think they are all gorgeous -- like a beautiful bouquet of flowers all together like that -- I was lucky enough to receive a disc that had not one, but two of my favorite colors:  orange and purple (left center bead in the photo above)!!!
 
The first question I ask myself when I'm working with a beautiful bead like this is:  can I make this into a ring?  If the answer is yes, all other possibilities evaporate, because I absolutely love making rings! 
 
 
 
I am so happy with the way this ring turned out.  It's even fun to wear because the disc, although securely attached, SPINS!  I love it! 
 
 
 
It also beautifully matches some earrings I made using Sue's enameled bead caps!  Thank you Sue for the opportunity to create with another one of your lovely works of art -- it was a true pleasure!
 
Now I'm off to get myself a cup of coffee and begin my morning visit with the bloggers below.  Won't you join me? =)
 
 
Guest Bloggers

Birgitta Lejonklou http://lejonklou.blogspot.com/

AJE Team

Jennifer Cameron http://glassaddictions.com/


14 comments:

Kristi Bowman said...

Oh a ring that's fantastic!! Love the colors and you put everything together beautifully!

Heidi Post said...

How clever! I love that you chose to use yours for a ring! Beautiful design, and the spinning has got to be fun :)

KayzKreationz said...

Very pretty and unique. I wouldn't have thought of a ring. But probably because I've never been happy with the rings I tried to make. Love the fact that it spins, too. What a great design.

Lesley said...

Very creative, love it.

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

A wonderful ring !! What a great idea and lovely colors !

Melissa Meman said...

Love it!! I thought about a ring, but changed my mind. Now I need more of these to play with!

Jo said...

A ring! Wow! What a fantastic idea and it works brilliantly!

Kathy Lindemer said...

Cool idea to make a ring. Well done!

Patti Van said...

What a showstopper! Brilliant!

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous! Orange and purple together are my favorite too. I love that you thought to make a ring—what a perfect way to display your ruffle bead. I would totally wear it!

Kristen said...

Leave it to you my sweet friend to totally rock a stunning out of the box piece. I love love love this ring!

SueBeads said...

Lola I love your ring it's fantastic!!! Thank you for playing along!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow. Who would have thought you could do a ring... Thats really cool!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Fabulous! You certainly did justice to Sue's gorgeous beads with your very cool ring! Was stopping by as a part of "My Country" blog hop, but had to comment here as well :)

Excellent!
Love,
Rita