Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Time to Stitch 5


I am so delighted to be a part of A Time to Stitch 5!  The objective of this challenge was to use one bead weaving stitch to make three different bracelets ... this is where bead selection came into play.

I chose peyote as my bead weaving stitch because it was the very first stitch I taught myself and one that I have been wanting to play around with.  All three bracelets are the same six-row peyote pattern, but by changing the bead size, shape and color, you change the look of each piece.  Although I didn't have time to finish the last one, I did provide a little glimpse into what it's going to look like.




I wear the white one often, and even created another one for a friend's birthday which "technically," was my third full piece. =)  I'm looking forward to finishing the last one ... I really like the edging the triangle beads make and I think it will make a lovely finished bracelet.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I look forward to seeing what all the other participants created!  

And thank you Therese and Christine for hosting this awesome challenge and helping me get back into the swing of creating some jewelry ... it was the fun and gentle push I needed!


  Lola


Hosts:

Participants

17 comments:

Empty nester at last said...

Beautiful, I really like how you are doing the bracelets. The first one seems to "glow" Would be perfect for a wedding!

Great job!

veradesigns.blogspot.com

Bobbie said...

I can see why you enjoy wearing the white one - it's very pretty! And the triangle edging will be beautiful when you get the whole thing done. Nice work!

kimmykats said...

Peyote is the first stitch I taught myself too.....love how the beads change the looks!!

Shirley said...

That white one is just so summery! I have a love/hate relationship with bugles. I love the look, hate weaving with them!
The other two pieces are great! I think the middle one could easily be a guys bracelet, and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed piece on that third one, it is giving me some ideas!
Great job!

Karin Slaton said...

Peyote was the first stitch I learned, too. Your post brings back great memories of sitting at my kitchen table until 2 in the morning trying to figure out how that first row is really two rows...until suddenly it made sense. Peyote is still my favorite stitch!

I would be reaching for that white version, too. I can see how those bugle beads would sparkle in the sun, or shimmer elegantly on a summer night.

Wendy said...

oooh, lovely! The white one is very icy and kind of wintery

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Lola,
Love your bracelets! The white one is very pretty with the white iridescent bugle beads and looks like it would be comfortable to wear. I like where you were going with the third one keep going on that one it is going to turn out beautifully. Thank you so much for participating in this round of ATTS my friend. I hope that you will join us again for ATTS 6.
Therese

Karin G said...

Beautiful bracelets! I love the look of the buggle beads, it's very elegant.

AntiquityTravelers said...

I am loving what you've done here - that is peyote with bugles? wow that is cool! love it

Liz said...

The white bracelet with the bugles is stunning. It shimmers and I bet feels just great on.

Christine Altmiller said...

Lola, you really captured the essence of this hop with the bead choices. The bugle bracelet really pushes the point of the beads changing the whole look. I love that bracelet! I love the other one too...how it is a simple peyote done with one kind of bead but who wouldn't want that around their wrist every day?! I like the beginnings of the last one too, with the edging bead. These are all really well done! Thanks for hopping!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Oh,these are gorgeous! Really love the white one! That last one is going to be a show stopper for sure!

Amy S. said...

These are all great!! Even your sample! :) Amazing to see these bracelets next to each other showing how bead selection really changes up a design!

Mary Harding said...

Wow!! They are beautiful and so different. I also did peyote stitch but just changed the size bead. Love it that you used such different shapes.

ACBeads said...

Your bugle bracelet is feminine and elegant. I didn't know you could do peyote with bugles, but now I know, in fact, I haven't tried using them. I like the edge you've added to your third bracelet.

Kokopelli said...

I LOVE the white one! So elegant and summery. And peyote is among my favorites.

Amy S. said...

Love the samples and the bracelet. The white bracelet is so pretty!!