Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Art Elements November Component of the Month -- Kristie Roeder Artisan Clay


In the November month of Thanksgiving, I had one extra gift to be grateful for this year -- the opportunity to participate in the Art Elements Component of the Month using a donut connector focal created by Kristie Roeder of Artisan Clay.  This is the beautiful piece I received:


The colorful, crackled depth of the glass against the chalkiness of the clay makes for quite an eye-catching focal. Having recently created several ornaments for the holidays using various art beads from my collection, I decided to do the same with this beauty.  I added some Czech glass, sparkly spacers and created three beaded beads using pink and blue pearls and crystals.  I love the way it turned out!


Until our tree goes up, I'm keeping this on our fireplace mantle ...





Thank you, Kristie, for sharing your ceramic art with me ... I am truly grateful for the opportunity!

Please check out what the other guest designers and Art Element team members created with Kristie's ceramic donuts. 

Lola

Guest Designers:
Sarajo Wentling
Lola Surwillo
Beti Horvath
Kate Kemp
Art Elements Team
Susan Kennedy
Lesley Watt
Claire Fabian
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Jen Cameron

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Love this Lola - the dark beads are a perfect foil for the pastel tones.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous design, I love that you made an ornament!

Anonymous said...

I love that you made an ornament Lola! That is what I have been doing all week! You did such a beautiful job! Thank you so much for sharing! Kristie Roeder-- Artisan Clay

SueBeads said...

Great idea to make an ornament, Lola, and I love your beaded beads! Nice mantel, too!

Beti Horvath said...

Love your ornament! The play of the darker beads and lighter donut works very well.

Jennifer Cameron said...

That's going to look lovely on the tree! But it looks pretty darn amazing on the mantle too. Great idea to make an ornament. Thanks for participating in the design challenge and for reading ArtE

Jenny said...

Thats great! I made an ornament too - and I think mine might get to stay out all year! Glad you could join us!

Unknown said...

I never would have thought to use the dark beads-stunning choice!

Laney said...

I agree with what everyone has said what a great choice to use dark beads it has really worked out beautifully.

Sarajo Wentling said...

What a fun idea to make an ornament! I love how our donuts were so similar and we made such different things with them!

Niky Sayers said...

What a lovely piece I love your beaded beads!